Mark Smillie is back with his latest weekly newsletter! This week, we’re talking about the Government offer on invoice finance, and some of the things you need to keep in mind about it! Read on now, and see if Mark’s musings could help your business flourish!
“The Government are giving you this amazing deal, but you must apply now as it closes in 2 weeks! You should get a better deal applying with us as we’ll take you straight into the VIP area. We can help with getting the application put in the way the underwriting team will want to see it.
These are 2 offers available to you, using your invoices as security.
- Choose which Invoices you would like an advance on, the Government pay your fees and interest for the next 12 months, please call me for full details.
- Invoice Finance with 100% advances on your Invoices and a CBILS loans from 100k to 5m
Recently, I was speaking with a Company Director. They mentioned that they would be moving their Invoice Finance from one finance company to a new one. The problem with their existing lender was their account manager, with whom they were having a terrible time. The finance company never understood their business from day one, the truth is the finance company was just too big to give a personalised service.
As the Director said to me:
“You had to do things by their exact rule book, or the answer was always no. I realised to late that I was just influenced by a cheap deal and the name of the finance company”
My first thought… out of the frying pan into the fire, they have chosen the wrong company again. Why did he not ask me?
I get more feedback about invoice finance than any other form of business lending, because when it goes wrong it tends to go badly wrong.
19 times out of 20 that happens because the wrong finance company was chosen to begin with because the company director who arranged the finance, only looked at four things…
- How much it costs
- The percentage advanced
- The finance company’s name
- What the salesman said
I think I could have predicted the result at the beginning with a 90% success rate.
What do you need to fish in a new river successfully? Equipment and some knowledge? You might catch something but…
If you spent every day focused on fishing for 25 years, your knowledge of where to look would become as natural as breathing, increasing your chances of the right catch every time.
Catching a business loan…
Same applies in business finance, why not check out our testimonials?
In fact, I have devoted a whole chapter of my new book to successfully arranging Invoice Finance.
Want to know where to go to get money out of your invoices?
I normally know within minutes of speaking to a client which finance company is likely to suit them best (and also the worst choices for them).
There are over 70 finance companies who will lend you money on your invoices, and they all have their own “Sweet Spot” for the right client.
Why would you put yourself through the stress, lost sleep and the resulting problems of choosing the wrong finance company? When all you have to do is pick up the phone and call me?
These are just some of the things that experience has taught me to look at to get success for my clients…
- Your Sector: (particularly if you are in the construction sector, as less than a handful out of the 70 companies offering invoice finance at the moment are likely to be suitable for you)
- Current turnover, and expected turnover in the next 3 years because whenever your turnover increases, the level of service could go down if you are no longer in the finance companies “sweet spot”. Did you know you need to consider that at this stage?
- Level and quality of service your business will need because some finance companies have a high staff turnover and others a waiting list to join so if you need good service, you will need someone with the inside track.
- The spread of your debtor book and the potential issues that are likely to occur with the finance company. Get that wrong and you will have severe “Drawdown Issues” (ask me about them)
- Knowing what problems are likely to occur with your clients and the capability of the finance company to deal with them – this is a tough one and you can only truly know it with industry sector and finance company knowledge
- The need for you, the company director, to meet a can do Senior Manager or Company Director at the Finance Company – which I can arrange from day one.
Get in touch!
Please pick up the phone and say hi, tell me what’s on your mind and let’s bounce some ideas around. You are always welcome to call me on my personal mobile.
The numbers you need: 0800 612 5364 or 07710 466166
I was listening to the late very great Jim Rohn, American Entrepreneur, when I was out walking early in the morning. He was famous for his quotes and these are the 3 words that I found so thought provoking…
“Study, Practice, Teach”